Hi! I was in a car accident 11 yrs ago

Patient : Hi! I was in a car accident 11 yrs ago and shattered my femur losing 2 inches in my right leg so I was with a limp. Lately my hip and lower back on the right side are killing me. So bad it hurts to walk. What should I do?
Symptoms:  Severe right lower back pain and right hip pain
Doctor :   Hello Thank you for posting your query on ATD. I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You can t ake analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. You can get your vitamin D test and if found low you can take supplements of vitamin D 3. There is possibility of correction of limb length difference by limb lengthening operation such as illizarov and monorail technique .Hope your query get answered. Wishing you a good health. Take care.

Related Q&A

Q: My wife has been having lower back problems over the last few years. She is 39, was working as an OR Nurse. No longer...

Q: I have a discomfort in my lower back, abdomen area, have this for 6-8 weeks, been to my GP he says it's only back pai...

Q: A week ago I fell on a concrete floor right on my tailbone! I'm moving around with a little more comfort now, but sti...

Q: I performed a distilled water enema with lukewarm temperature. Then after flushing out my colon y performed an organi...

Q: Hi, my wife is having severe lower back and stomach aches and hasn't been to the toilet for two days, but she is pass...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon