Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi! I was in a car accident 11 yrs ago

Hi! I was in a car accident 11 yrs ago

Patient: Hi! I was in a car accident 11 yrs ago and shattered my femur losing 2 inches in my right leg so I was with a limp. Lately my hip and lower back on the right side are killing me. So bad it hurts to walk. What should I do?

Symptoms: Severe right lower back pain and right hip pain

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You can t ake analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. You can get your vitamin D test and if found low you can take supplements of vitamin D 3. There is possibility of correction of limb length difference by limb lengthening operation such as illizarov and monorail technique .Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.