Hi, I was just wondering I've been on a depo

Patient

Q: Hi, I was just wondering I've been on a depo needle for a 1 year and 5 months now and I keep reading this ...
'If you get your first Depo-Provera shot later than five days after your period, you will need to use condoms for the first seven days following the shot'
Does this apply to me because I'm always a week early on getting my shot? And I never know when my period is because I haven't had it in so long so I was wondering if that applies to me or just people getting the depo shot for the first time?

Doctor