Hi I was on depo for 4 years but i stopped it in june.

Q: Hi I'm shawna an I was on depo for 4 years but I stopped taking it in June of last year. Me an my boyfriend have been trying to conceive we had unprotected again on February 15th 2015 an on the 22nd of February I noticed I was spotting thinkin it could have just been implantation bleeding but as days went by it got heavier an looks more like my period is back. I'm confused on could it be my period or implantation? An if I want to concieve when should I do it. I have no clue when I ovulate because I was on depo for so long. Please help an reply thanks

A:   Hello.

If you have been off Depot for last 8 months now, then for sure your ovulation has resumed as you have been getting your menses regularly. Now the concern is to time the ovulation and that can be achieved by using ovulation kits from day 10 of your cycle daily. These detect LH SURGE in the urine. The day the test is positive, then within next 36 hrs, you should be ovulating. Then you should plan your intercourse after the test is positive, the frequent they are, the better the chances.

Presently if you feel that the bleeding is getting heavier and you are unsure of the pregnancy status, then you may undertake a blood serum beta hCG test which can confirm or rule out pregnancy for sure at this stage based on hCG levels.

I hope I have answered your queries in detail.
Wishing you good health.