Ask The Doctor > Pending > Hi, I was recently admitted to hospital with a headache

Hi, I was recently admitted to hospital with a headache

Patient: Hi, I was recently admitted to hospital with a headache and loss of feeling in my left side. They claimed there was nothing wrong with me and sent me home with advise to take painkillers and contact a doctor if these symptoms persisted or got worse.I am now experiencing the feeling that I have been laid on my arm to make it ‘go dead’ but I haven’t and my leg is incredibly weak and takes great effort to move even slightly. My left limbs feel tingly.My headache is increasingly worse and I have taken both Ibuprofen and Paracetamol in the maximum dose I can take.I am starting to feel sick and I don’t know what I can do to at least ease the pain a bit. I’m not going to casualty because I don’t want to waste their time and my doctors surgery is closed now as its out of hours. I don’t want to ring out of hours because they will probably want to see me.Could you please offer me some advise on what I can do to ease it a bit?Thanks

Symptoms: Headache and strange sensations in left side.

Doctor: