Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi I was sterilised around 12yrs ago, could I use IVF treatments

Hi I was sterilised around 12yrs ago, could I use IVF treatments

Patient: Hi I was sterilised around 12yrs ago, could I use ivf treatments to have a baby?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.In IVF procedure the zygote that is fertilized outside the ut erine cavity will be introduced into the uterus.So, as patent tubes are not needed for this procedure, you can choose this option.Before that better to undergo routine checkup, AMH levels estimation and ultrasound etc investigations to estimate the physical fitness, ovarian reserve and to observe the uterine lining, endometrial thickness etc.Take care