Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi, I was wondering I have been having cramps in

Hi, I was wondering I have been having cramps in

Patient: Hi, I was wondering I have been having cramps in my stomach and back from yesterday and today and it sometimes feels like a sharp pain but it comes and goes during the day or night, I do not usually ever get cramps not even with my period but it’s not due for seven days I was wondering if it could be implantation?

Symptoms: Sharp, pulling cramping sensation in my stomach and my back.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,The cramps in the mid cycle can either be due to ovulation per se or an implantation if you have been sexually active but in either case it is usually accompanied by mild spotting and increased cervical mucoid discharge. So if you have been sexually active this month and its been a week since the last intercourse then you must get a serum beta hCG test to rule out pregnancy first.If negative then it is not implantation but a possible delayed ovulation.I hope I have answered your query in detail,Wishing you good healthRegards