Hi I went to the doctors today and I'm 9wks

Patient : Hi I went to the doctors today and I'm 9wks and there is a sac present but no fetal pole, they took blood to see if my beta hcg levels went up. So let's say it did go up which will be a good thing when will the fetal pole be present? Will I miscarry? I'm just scared
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. A sac with no fetal pole at 9 weeks indicate a blighted ovum, which is a form of miscar riage. The other way to look about in this case, is a beta hCG will tell us how many weeks of pregnancy it corresponds to, in case it shows less than 6 weeks , there is a point in waiting for fetal pole to come provided a repeat beta hCG does not show a falling trend, if it does then, it is a miscarriage due to no development of fetal pole. There is always a next time, do not worry in such situations. Hope this helped. Regards