Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi, I would like to know what does this MRI report

Hi, I would like to know what does this MRI report

Patient: Hi,I would like to know what does this MRI report mean,Grade I globular altered signal intensity in the body and posterior horn of medial meniscus not extending to the articular surface.Can this heal 100% with exercise.My orthopaedic doctor told it’s a meniscus tear but how long it would take to heal.I have constant pain n inflammation but the pain is more severe while sitting & using staircase etc though I don’t sit down but staircase I have to use.I daily do strengthening exercise for 30-40 minutes which has given me 15-20% relief.My injury is 8 months old & it’s just a month back I got the MRI done.I was advised to take xykaa extend 650 daily twice but since it didn’t make any difference so I have stopped taking it. I don’t want to have pain killers but rather I would bear the pain . Please advice.

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You can t ry quadriceps exercise for nearly 2 months so it is likely to reduce pain in two months. If pain is not reduced then its treatment is arthroscopic meniscectomy. For pain relief analgesic such as ibuprofen can be taken. Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care