Hi iam hypertensive for about9years taking valsartan/hydrochlorothiazide160/125 at morning and

Q: Hi iam hypertensive for about9years taking valsartan/hydrochlorothiazide160/12.5 at morning and bisoprolol5 at night. I had hyperthyroidism but now. it's ok having high cholesterol level an d chest pain and hypertinsion160/100 iam50 years old female having ddisturbances of menopause

A:   Hello.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.

Any chest pain in a person who has hypertension at this age needs evaluation for the cardiac causes of chest pain. The Cardiac chest pain is severe and crushing in nature. It increases on activity like walking, exercising. It often radiates to left arm, shoulder and nape of the neck.
So, first of all you should get an ECG and Chest X-ray done. If any abnormality found, an ECHO and Treadmill Test (TMT) are indicated.
You should also get your blood pressure under proper control for a better heart.
Share my opinion with your doctor.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy