Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi, I’m 15 years old. Recently I’ve been having

Hi, I’m 15 years old. Recently I’ve been having

Patient: Hi, I’m 15 years old. Recently I’ve been having lower back pain. The last couple of days it’s been acruciating. It’s even making me feel sick. When I was young I had a back problem. But this feels worse. What could this mean?

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.You seem to be suffering from any of the following:1. Muscular back pain2. Prol apsed Intervertebral Disc Compression.I would advise you to get the following:1. X-ray Cervical spine2. X-ray LS spine3. Serum Calcium and Vitamin D3 levels4. ESR, CRP, Rheumatoid factor.For muscular pain, I advise the following:1. A combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside.2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.If the compression is found you would be treated with a combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin.But if the compression is very severe, causing motor weakness, tingling on any side of the body then surgical intervention would be required.I hope this helps.Stay Healthy.