Hi I'm 16 and I have accidentally taken two birth

Patient

Q: Hi I'm 16 and I have accidentally taken two birth control pills in one day thinking I'd forgotten to take it the day before. I got my period a few days earlier than normal and tomorrow I will have finished the month supply. Is that normal to have a period early. Tomorrow will almost be a week since I got my period.

Doctor

A:   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.

Yes, periods can come early owing to the double dose of the contraceptive taken as well as normally.
Periods can occur irregular normally for a few cycles. However, if they persist, you need to get investigated for hormonal imbalance, excessive stress, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), Thyroid issues. So, you should get investigated. You would require to get an Ultrasound Pelvic organs to rule out Polycystic Ovarian Syndome and to get a thyroid profile done to rule out any evidence of Hypothyroidism. If any issues are found you would be treated accordingly.

Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.
Stay Healthy.