Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi, I’m 16 I have had uti 3 times now

Hi, I’m 16 I have had uti 3 times now

Patient: Hi, I’m 16 I have had uti 3 times now and I’m on my period while I have itI’m just scared I’m gonna get worse ๐Ÿ™

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.To prevent repeated urinary tract infections, the cause of th e problem should be treated.Clinical examination, ultrasound, KUB X-ray, urine microscopy, urine culture and sensitivity etc investigations can help in finding out the possible cause of your problem and treatment can be planned accordingly.Menstrual period may not lead to urinary tract infection if proper local hygiene is maintained, sanity pads used instead of tampons and tampons changed in every 6 to 8 hours.Take care.