Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi, I’m 17 and sexually active I’m on the 5th

Hi, I’m 17 and sexually active I’m on the 5th

Patient: Hi, I’m 17 and sexually active. I’m on the 5th day of not having my period and have had two pregnancy tests that say I’m not pregnant. Please help.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Consider repeating the pregnancy test after 2 days and if negative, repeat again after a week. In case it is still negative, wait for your cycles, it could be delayed cycles due to cause unknown. See a gynecologist for withdrawal bleeding medications, if you do not resume the cycles in case of a negative pregnancy test. Never attempt unprotected intercourse again if you are not looking for pregnancy.Hope this helped.Regards