Hi, I'm 17 years old and I had a circumcision

Patient

Q: Hi, I'm 17 years old and I had a circumcision five days ago, and I'm not really sure what to be expecting. After the operation my surgeon didn't come by or explain to me what will happen or what I should do. The only thing I was told to do was put vasoline on it. It looks like it's just stitches seperating foreskin from the rest of the penis, does that foreskin fall off? What is supposed to happen during the healing process?

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Read and understood that you had undergone Circumcision 5 day back, although your Surgeon has not told you anything except putting vaseline.
Well, this is a simple procedure in which the excess foreskin is removed and the two remaining ends are stitched together by 4 stitches by maximum Doctors, although it is the personal choice of individual surgeon.
The precautions:
Apply liquid povidone iodine 2 to 4 times a day.
Apply vaseline only if you feel dryness.
-Continue medicines as advised.
Ask you Doctor or a Nurse to give to the medicines to avoid the morning - erection.

Anyway, it is 5 days, most of the wound should have healed by this time.