Hi I'm 17 years old and I'm having pain

Patient : Hi... I'm 17 years old and I'm having pain in my hip and bruising on the outside of it. The pain started as dull when i was around 13 and i thought it was because of cheerleading. Since then I've quit and my hip now has a deeper pain with bruising. What could this be?
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. I have read and understood your history about cheerleading, pain started as dull ache whe n you were just 13 years old. You left cheerleading, but now the hip has deeper pain with bruising and at the age of 17 you want to know the reason. My thoughts: First of all consult your parents, tell them the whole story. Consult an orthopedic Surgeon for clinical evaluation, actual physical examination and further investigations. This can be in the form of MRI of the affected hip joint, relevant blood tests. The treatment will be according to the findings. The most probable causes can be any inflammatory process in the hip joint like subacute infection or a specific infection like tuberculosis or so. I hope this answer helps you to get an early diagnosis and proper treatment.