Hi I'm 17 years old and I'm having pain


Q: Hi... I'm 17 years old and I'm having pain in my hip and bruising on the outside of it. The pain started as dull when i was around 13 and i thought it was because of cheerleading. Since then I've quit and my hip now has a deeper pain with bruising. What could this be?


A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

I have read and understood your history about cheerleading, pain started as dull ache when you were just 13 years old. You left cheerleading, but now the hip has deeper pain with bruising and at the age of 17 you want to know the reason.

My thoughts:
First of all consult your parents, tell them the whole story.
Consult an orthopedic Surgeon for clinical evaluation, actual physical examination and further investigations.
This can be in the form of MRI of the affected hip joint, relevant blood tests.
The treatment will be according to the findings.

The most probable causes can be any inflammatory process in the hip joint like subacute infection or a specific infection like tuberculosis or so.

I hope this answer helps you to get an early diagnosis and proper treatment.

Related Q&A

Q: Hi I Hited my head little hard in the bottom of pool now Iam having neck pain as well as top of the head swollen

Q: I was inner tubing down a steep hill and fell off onto a patch of ice. I hit my elbow directly. I am able to move my ...

Q: Hello, My mother had severe pain and numbness in legs around 2 months ago. She was not able to walk freely. Spine ...

Q: RN of 27 years lifted a patient falling out of a w/c. That was the 13th. Increasing abdominal, hip, thigh pain despit...

Q: Im a 43 year old male and about a day and a half ago I started experiencing a dull pain from my scrotum (or left test...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon