Hi I'm 17 years old and my period is very late

Patient : Hi I'm 17 years old and my period is very late this month and I keep getting a sharp pain on the inside of my vagina and I don't know what to do?
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Irregularities in menstrual cycles can occur due to many cau ses. Usually menstrual cycles with length of 21 to 35 days can be considered as normal only. If you didn't get periods even one week after expected date, you may need evaluation. If there is any possibility of pregnancy, better to go for urine pregnancy test once. Pain in vagina can be due to vaginal or pelvic infection. By clinical examination and ultrasound, the possible cause of your delayed periods and pain in vagina can be identified and treatment can be planned accordingly, so please do consult your doctor and get evaluated. Take care.