Hi, I’m 18 years and am having vaginal irritation

Patient: Hi, I’m 18 years and am having vaginal irritation. It started as an itch, then became more of a painful burn. The irritation is right on the entrance of my vagina. There is no discomfort when I urinate and I am not sexually active.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.It seems like you have developed a vaginitis, an inflammation of the vagina or could al so be a vaginal infection, a yeast infection.It could even mean a contact dermatitis, due to exposure to cosmetics like soaps, lotions and toiletries. Avoid applying any cosmetic over the area. Prefer using feminine intimate wash which contain lactobacilli, which maintain the vaginal pH and prevent burning and itching. Drink plenty of water. Maintain sanitary hygiene and avoid nylon undergarments and use cotton undergarments.Hope this helped.Regards