Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi I’m 25 year old female, recently I’ve been feeling motion sick during sex.

Hi I’m 25 year old female, recently I’ve been feeling motion sick during sex.

Patient: Hi I’m 25 year old female, recently I’ve been feeling motion sick during sex could there be a reason for this? Never happened before.

Doctor: Hello, Thanks for the query.Motion sickness results when the motion that is seen is different from the motion sensed by the inner ear. It can occur in a car, train, airplane, or boat. Anyone can get motion sickness, though children and pregnant women are particularly vulnerable. It can cause dizziness, nausea, and vomiting, and although it is not a serious condition, motion sickness can make traveling very unpleasant.It is not common to feel similar discomfort during the sexual act. Some ladies do report nausea during sex. Migraine patients may feel similar discomfort on the bed. Keeping eyes closed during sex may help. Medicines can be used to prevent or treat motion sickness, although many of them have the unwanted side effect of making you sleepy. Talk to your doctor about what is best for you if you think you need medicine for motion sickness. Commonly used medicines are diphenhydramine (Benadryl), dimenhydrinate (Dramamine), and scopolamine. If your problem persists, seeking medical help is highly recommended.Hope this helps. All the best.