Hi im 26 year old female and i had thin

Patient

Q: Hi im 26 year old female and i had thin hair since i was a teenager i never tried any treatment for hairloss but only took multivitamins couple of times but now its gotten worse and my hair is falling out dramaticly when i brush it i have no one in my family with hairloss problems i have low iron level i take iron supplement but still im getting a bald spot what should i do?

Symptoms:  Hairloss
Doctor

Welcome to ATD. Thank you for the query.

You may be seeing more hair in your brush than normal for several reasons. Vitamin deficiencies, thyroid problems, and other systemic diseases are all culprits of hair loss.
If a medical condition is causing your hair loss, it may need to be treated.
Protein is important to strengthen hair and promote growth. The recommended daily amount is about two to three 3-ounce servings of meat or a combination of four to five servings of dairy and beans.
Do include nuts and seeds, eggs, and fish in your diet. All are important sources of omega-3 fatty acids, which help lower inflammation and create a healthier scalp.
I recommends eating six to 10 servings of various vegetables daily, two to four fruits, and an assortment of grains and legumes and lean meat products.

Here are some nutrients that may be helpful for your hair:-
Iron: Anemia can cause hair loss. But iron supplements are only recommended if you've tested positive for iron-deficiency anemia.
Zinc and biotin: These supplements are assumed to help with hair growth because people with metabolic disorders lacking them can have thin or brittle hair and nails.
If you're going to use supplements with your hair in mind, tell your doctor before you start taking them. That way, your doctor can watch out for any possible side effects, including interactions with other drugs you're taking.
Even though supplements don't require a prescription, they're still something your doctor needs to know about, so she/he has a complete picture of everything you're taking.
Rubber bands, dyes, perms, straightening irons, and curling wands can be hard on your hair. If your hair is thinning, you don't want it to break as well. Be gentle with your hair -- don't overdo brushing or washing.

Some useful tips for a better appearance :-
Use scalp coloring products to minimize the contrast between your hair and scalp if it's beginning to show through.
Try hair extensions to boost volume.
Keep your hair cut short so it doesn't hang and appear thinner.
Try parting your hair on the side. That takes the focus off the crown, where hair often thins.
Use body-boosting hair products, which can make hair look thicker.
Manage Stress
Losing your hair can be stressful. And stress (physical and emotional) can sometimes increase hair loss.

Hope this helps. Take care.