Hi, I'm 39 weeks pregnant with no dilation and a thin cervix

Q: Hi, I'm 39 weeks pregnant with no dilation, a very thin cervix, and a estimated 7lb 15oz posterior baby. If you were my doctor seeing me for an ultrasound this week everything looks good just no dilation, what would you suggest? Waiting 2 more weeks or schedule me for induction?

At 39 weeks period of gestation when there are no high-risk factors present and the foetal growth is adequate and the parameters are normal, just that cervical dilatation has not occurred (which occurs when labour sets in), i would have waited till 40 weeks and 3 days to allow labour to start naturally. If the labour doesn't initiate by 40 weeks and 3 days, then i would have induced you on the 40wks + 3 days as there is no further advantage achieved and the chances of obstetric vaginal injuries increase after the 41 weeks . Till then foetal well-being would have to be monitored by weekly ultrasound pelvis to check for descent and progress.

It is hence suggested to wait for another week for delivery.
I hope I have answered your query in detail.
Wishing you good health.