Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi I’m 7 days late now, but preg test was negative

Hi I’m 7 days late now, but preg test was negative

Patient: Hi I’m 7 days late now and Iv took a test put it was neg I’m never late I keep track of it every month and there is only 2 days left in this month so could I be preg??? I don’t use condoms I can’t bc I’m allergic so unprotected sex I have more discharge than normal and I calculated from my last pms if I am I should be 4 weeks and 7 days now when should I take another test??? Plz help me

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Minor variations in menstrual cycles can be seen frequently and usually menstrual cycle with length of 21 days to 35 days should be considered as normal only.But as you are not using any contraceptive measures the possibility of pregnancy cannot be completely ruled out.In case of previous regular menstrual cycles, usually urine pregnancy test kit can give accurate result after one week of expected date of periods.So, to come to one conclusion regarding the possibility of pregnancy, better to choose blood test for pregnancy or ultrasound, which can give more accurate results compared with urine test.Take care