Hi, I’m a 13 year old girl and recently like

Patient: Hi, I’m a 13 year old girl and recently like in the past year, I’ve been having back pain. It’s usually the lower back but can go up a little above the middle of my back. I’ve never had any injuries and I do not play sports. My mom does have a bad back, she’s had a lower spinal fusion and her upper back is deteriorating and has a slight scoliosis. It’s usually about every other day or every day and it can be uncomfortably painful for about 30-60 minutes and then it’s very dull for a few hours after. It’s usually during the day and night at night. Also I have good posture so I don’t think it’s that. Thanks! Jenna

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Your bac kache may be related to weakness of back muscles and vitamin and trace elements deficiency. Back exercises and multivitamins and trace elements supplements will be useful. Vitamin D3 deficiency is important cause of back pain. You can get your vitamin D3 test and if found low you can take vitamin D3 supplements to relieve your back pain.Hope your query get answered.Wishing you good health.Take care.