Ask The Doctor > Pending > Hi, I’m a 14 year old boy and I’ve been

Hi, I’m a 14 year old boy and I’ve been

Patient: Hi, I’m a 14 year old boy and I’ve been worrying for a while consesivly about a receding hairline cause I love my hair and have really nice thick hair. Could you please put my mind at ease so I can forget worrying I’ve had my mum and dad both saying I won’t go bald etc but I want to have a professional’s advice. Basically my mums dad didn’t receed my dad has masses of thick hair and he’s 50 but my mums brothers all went bald in 20’s and I’ve been working sick, I’ve read online receding hairlines come from the X chromosome which you get from your mums dad meaning I’ll be fine? Please let me know or I think the stress of worrying may make my hair fall out haha! Thank you very much Harry

Doctor: