Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi I’m a 19 year old girl Since about 4am

Hi I’m a 19 year old girl Since about 4am

Patient: Hi. I’m a 19 year old girl. Since about 4am this morning, I have been throwing up and having bad diarrhea. I can’t keep anything down, including liquids. My stomach hurts when I touch it and every now and then I’ll get a really bad sharp stabbing pain in my upper abdomen. I also can’t stop burping. My mom seems to think it’s just the flu but this is way worse than any flu I’ve ever had. What should I do?

Symptoms: Vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, belching

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.It seems you have developed Acute Infective Diarrhea.Usually i t responds to treatment with in 5 days of antibiotics like Ofloxacin and Ornidazole.I also add a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone to my patients.Probiotics containing Lactobacillus helps a lot. Maintain proper hydration.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.