Hi I'm a 21 year old girl and all of

Patient

Q: Hi... I'm a 21 year old girl and all of a sudden I am getting cramps in my hips and legs. It feels like growing pains but everyone tells me I am too old for that. It is just a dull pain standard basic cramp. Bit there is nothing to massage out. Could it actually be growing pains. I turn 22 in a couple weeks. Aren't I a little old for that?

Symptoms:  Dull pain, cramping
Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you.

Such pains in legs are known as Muscle Cramps. They would require evaluation for the cause.
Most common cause of such intermittent pains are:
1. Electrolyte Imbalances particularly Sodium disturbance.
2. Calcium and Vitamin D deficiency
3. Levocarnitine deficiency.
4. Intermittent Claudication - associated with early-stage peripheral artery disease
I would advise you to see your doctor, if he feels this is intermittent claudication on clinical background, he will get a Venous Doppler done to rule out any atheromatous plaques. Also, he will get your serum electrolytes, Calcium and Vitamin D levels.
If your Doppler comes out to be normal, he would start you on a supplement containing calcium, vitamin D and Levocarnitine.
Once started on this supplement you will start getting relief in 2-3 weeks.
Also get your blood sugars checked.
Share my opinion with your doctor.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy