Hi I'm a 21 year old girl and all of

Patient : Hi... I'm a 21 year old girl and all of a sudden I am getting cramps in my hips and legs. It feels like growing pains but everyone tells me I am too old for that. It is just a dull pain standard basic cramp. Bit there is nothing to massage out. Could it actually be growing pains. I turn 22 in a couple weeks. Aren't I a little old for that?
Symptoms:  Dull pain, cramping
Doctor :   Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you. Such pains in legs are known as Muscle Cramps. They would requir e evaluation for the cause. Most common cause of such intermittent pains are: 1. Electrolyte Imbalances particularly Sodium disturbance. 2. Calcium and Vitamin D deficiency 3. Levocarnitine deficiency. 4. Intermittent Claudication - associated with early-stage peripheral artery disease I would advise you to see your doctor, if he feels this is intermittent claudication on clinical background, he will get a Venous Doppler done to rule out any atheromatous plaques. Also, he will get your serum electrolytes, Calcium and Vitamin D levels. If your Doppler comes out to be normal, he would start you on a supplement containing calcium, vitamin D and Levocarnitine. Once started on this supplement you will start getting relief in 2-3 weeks. Also get your blood sugars checked. Share my opinion with your doctor. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy