Hi I’m a 23 years old female who suffer from

Patient: Hi I’m a 23 years old female who suffer from low sex drive. Is there any medication that can be prescribed by a doctor to enhance my sex drive.

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.A woman’s sexual desires naturally fluctuate over the years. Highs and lows commonly coi ncide with the beginning or end of a relationship or with major life changes, such as pregnancy, menopause or illness. Some antidepressants and anti-seizure medications also can cause low sex drive in women.Some signs and symptoms that may indicate a low sex drive include a woman who:1. Has no interest in any type of sexual activity, including masturbation2. Doesn’t have sexual fantasies or thoughts, or only seldom has them3. Is bothered by her lack of sexual activity or fantasies.A wide range of illnesses, physical changes and medications can cause a low sex drive, including:1. Sexual problems. If you experience pain during sex or an inability to orgasm, it can hamper your desire for sex.2. Medical diseases. Numerous nonsexual diseases can also affect desire for sex, including arthritis, cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure, coronary artery disease and neurological diseases.3. Medications. Many prescription medications — including some antidepressants and anti-seizure medications — are notorious libido killers.4. Lifestyle habits. A glass of wine may make you feel amorous, but too much alcohol can spoil your sex drive; the same is true of street drugs. And smoking decreases blood flow, which may dampen arousal.5. Surgery. Any surgery related to your breasts or your genital tract can affect your body image, sexual function and desire for sex.6. Fatigue. Exhaustion from caring for young children or aging parents can contribute to low sex drive. Fatigue from illness or surgery also can play a role in a low sex drive.7. Changes in your hormone levels may alter your desire for sex. This can occur during a time, women may also experience a decrease in testosterone — a hormone that boosts sex drive in men and women alike —which may lead to decreased libido.8. Psychological causes:-Mental health problems, such as anxiety or depressionStress, such as financial stress or work stressPoor body imageLow self-esteemHistory of physical or sexual abusePrevious negative sexual experiences9. Relationship issuesFor many women, emotional closeness is an essential prelude to sexual intimacy. So problems in your relationship can be a major factor in low sex drive. Decreased interest in sex is often a result of ongoing issues, such as:Lack of connection with your partnerUnresolved conflicts or fightsPoor communication of sexual needs and preferencesInfidelity or breach of trust.Most women benefit from a treatment approach aimed at the many causes behind this condition. Recommendations may include sex education, counseling and sometimes medication.a) Estrogen delivered throughout your whole body (systemic) by pill, patch, spray or gel can have a positive effect on brain function and mood factors that affect sexual response.Smaller doses of estrogen — in the form of a vaginal cream or a slow-releasing suppository or ring that you place in your vagina — can increase blood flow to the vagina and help improve desire without the risks associated with systemic estrogen.Male hormones, such as testosterone, play an important role in female sexual function, even though testosterone occurs in much lower amounts in women. However, replacing testosterone in women is controversial and it’s not approved by the Food and Drug Administration for sexual dysfunction in women. Plus it can cause acne, excess body hair, and mood or personality changes.b)lifestyle changes.c) exercisesd)spending more time at intimacy and foreplay.these shall help resolve your issues. You may discuss with your physician and take an informed decision.I hope I have answered your query in detail.Wishing you good health.Regards