Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi I’m a 25 year old female and I have i am infertile

Hi I’m a 25 year old female and I have i am infertile

Patient: Hi I’m a 25 year old female and I have a feeling that I might be infertile. My menstruation cycle is irregular and I have excess hair on the face tummy and chest. Should I worry?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Irregular cycles could be due to many causes. The symptoms you have described could be due to polycystic ovaries which are common at your age and can be a part of infertility as well. The other causes could be thyroid dysfunction, prolactin hormone changes and other hormonal imbalances, stress, anemia, etc..Do consult a gynecologist now itself and get it evaluated, an ultrasound and a few blood tests may be done. In the case of PCOS, birth control pills may be prescribed for few cycles.Hope this helped.Regards