Hi, I'm a girl in the US and I am

Q: Hi, I'm a girl in the US and I am doing a project based on one of the Millennium Development Goals. I chose Maternal Health and I really want to go above and beyond with the project. I was hoping to know what are some of the most crucial things that a women when pregnant. I was hoping to make some things for women in Africa and ship it to them. So, my question is what are crucial things women need when pregnant? Thank you so much! I am someone who is dying to improve the world and I really hope that this could be a good way to start.

A:   Hi,

The important things in pregnancy that you may send to Africa are:
-Iron and folic acid supplements
-Calcium supplements
-Tetanus toxoid immunization injections
-Vitamin and protein supplements etc.
Along with these, taking nutritious diet, regular antenatal checkups, ultrasound examinations etc are needed in pregnancy.
Information charts about these things can also be sent.

Take care