Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi I’m about 5 weeks pregnant and only have mild

Hi I’m about 5 weeks pregnant and only have mild

Patient: Hi I’m about 5 weeks pregnant and only have mild to no symptoms.mild uterine cramping occasionally,slight nausea.no breast changes except slightly sensitive nipples.is this normal?my first appointment&scan is in 2 weeks.please advise

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.The severity of symptoms in early pregnancy differ from per son to person depending on many factors like:-Age, severity of symptoms will be more in teenagers and elderly women.-Parity, severity will be more in first pregnancy and with increasing parity severity will decrease.-In multiple gestation like twins, triplets etc, severity of symptoms will be more.If you are not having symptoms like pain, spotting etc, there may not be any problem and you can have your regular scheduled checkup.Take care