Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi, I’m an 18 year old girl who has a

Hi, I’m an 18 year old girl who has a

Patient: Hi, I’m an 18 year old girl who has a 4 month old baby. I had two normal periods, the last one being starting on April 21st. I missed my period this month and I’m now 8 days late. I’ve taken 4 home pregnancy tests, and went to the doctor and took one there. They ALL came out NEGATIVE, my question is, can I still be pregnant? Why haven’t I gotten my period?

Symptoms: Cramping

Doctor: Hello dear,Thanks for trusting us about your health care.I can understand your concerns.The chances of pregnan cy are very less in your case as you had negative pregnancy test after 8 days of your missed period date.It can be due to breast feeding of your child, due to stress, hormonal imbalance, diet changes, exercise or weight changes.So do not take any stress and wait and watch for your menses.If you will not resume your period in a week, then repeat your urine test.Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more questions.Good luck.Regards