Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi I’m confused about what might be going on with

Hi I’m confused about what might be going on with

Patient: Hi I’m confused about what might be going on with my body right now. I am currently 15 days late on my period and within the last week have taken 3 at home pregnancy tests and one urine test at my doctors and they all came out negative11:08 pmMy fiance and I are very sexually active and we have both been noticing some changes going on with me and we can not figure out what it is and at this point I’m honestly really worried. I have the nausea, heartburn when I hiccup, fatigue, change in appetite, and my breasts are sore especially on and around the nipple and they never have before. I get random bursts of pain in my lower abdomen it’s not too bad but definitely uncomfortable and sharp shooting pains in my lower back

Symptoms: Tender breast, fatigue, mood swings, weight gain, pain in lower abdomen and lower back, appetite change

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes.Though breast tenderness, abdominal cramps, fatigue etc symptoms can be seen in early pregnancy, as these symptoms can also be seen in other conditions like premenstrual phase etc, we can not come to one conclusion regarding pregnancy just by symptoms.Better to go for blood test for pregnancy or ultrasound, which can give more accurate results compared with urine pregnancy test.If one of these tests gives negative result, the possibility of pregnancy is less.In that case, you can consult your doctor and take tablets to induce withdrawal bleeding.Take care