Hi I'm currently travelling in thailand

Patient

Q: Hi I'm currently travelling in thailand, I have been here for a month and will be for another 2 months. I've just gone for a wee and found 2 tiny red worms in my urine, about a few milimeters long. I do not think I have experienced any real pain and I haven't passed any blood. What could this be? Should I go to the doctors for some treatment straight away?

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

The history of red worms in the urine can be due to a condition called urinary schistosomiasis.
Please consult a Doctor for clinical examination, investigations and a simple treatment if this disease gets confirmed.
Yes, visit the Doctor to get a proper treatment.

I hope this answer helps you.