Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi I’m having difficulties controlling my emotions

Hi I’m having difficulties controlling my emotions

Patient: Hi I’m having difficulties controlling my emotions. I can go from high to low or angry in minutes. I have a son who’s 5, and at times I snap at him for the most stupid of things and end up screaming and ranting. I just feel my heads all over the place.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.You’re having a difficult time holdi ng your emotions together. The first step towards correcting it is to be aware of it. So you have already taken a positive step. For his growth, it is important you avoid this kind of behavior, as it will leave him stressed and scared all the time.I will advise you to get in touch with a Psychologist for a few CBT sessions (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy). You need to open up about all your problems, and in a few sittings you will feel a lot better.Hope this was helpful.Regards