Hi I'm having difficulties controlling my emotions

Patient

Q: Hi I'm having difficulties controlling my emotions. I can go from high to low or angry in minutes. I have a son who's 5, and at times I snap at him for the most stupid of things and end up screaming and ranting. I just feel my heads all over the place.

Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com

You're having a difficult time holding your emotions together. The first step towards correcting it is to be aware of it. So you have already taken a positive step. For his growth, it is important you avoid this kind of behavior, as it will leave him stressed and scared all the time.

I will advise you to get in touch with a Psychologist for a few CBT sessions (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy). You need to open up about all your problems, and in a few sittings you will feel a lot better.

Hope this was helpful.