Ask The Doctor > Pending > Hi, I’m just wondering if, what I believe to have,

Hi, I’m just wondering if, what I believe to have,

Patient: Hi, I’m just wondering if, what I believe to have, is depression. I am always complaining of head aches, stomach cramps, these are just some of the things I complain about. I am starting to be more cooped up in my room and always feel down. Without even trying I have lost a little bit of weight but I wasn’t eating any different, but then a few weeks ago I realised that I haven’t been eating snacks between food. I’ve also been turning down lots of other food. I constantly feel tired and I also sometimes just sit on my bed by myself and start crying. I have also had dreams about killing myself and even stood next to my blinds for my window and wrapped the string around my neck, however I was not planning to do anything I just wanted to know what it felt like. My mum had depression when I was three after she had my younger sister. She had post-natal depression. I really need help to find out what’s wrong with me. I don’t want to go and see my GP because I don’t even know if I’m old enough to go alone, as well as this my mum has friends that work in the reception and I dont want my mum to find out at all.

Doctor: