Hi I'm my period was on Feb 22 2015, can I be pregnant?

Patient

Q: : "Hi I'm my period was on Feb 22 2015 , my ovulation is around March 4-10 u had sex on March 7 2015 he enjaculated in me 3 day later I had cramps , now it's been a week and 5 days ,march 19 2015 day I start bleeding bright red blood when I pee, baby blood clots , cramping I took a home pregnancy test came back not pregnant I don't what's going on can you please help ???

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

An unprotected intercourse results in pregnancy only when a woman is in her so-called "Fertile Period". The fertile period of a woman is determined by analyzing her menstrual cycle with an ovulation calculator or fertility chart. Normally, the menstrual cycle is a 28 day cycle. During the 14th day after a period, the ovum is released. This process is called ovulation and the days 12 to 16 days after a period are said to be a woman’s most fertile period. Ovulation may not occur at a predictable time in the menstrual cycle, however. A number of factors may cause an unexpectedly early or late ovulation, even for women with a history of regular menstrual cycles.
A pregnancy test attempts to determine whether a woman is pregnant. Markers that indicate pregnancy are found in urine and blood, and pregnancy tests require sampling one of these substances. Most chemical tests for pregnancy look for the presence of the beta subunit of hCG, or human chorionic gonadotropin, in the blood or urine. hCG can be detected in urine or blood after implantation, which occurs six to twelve days after fertilization.
Since you have already experienced menstruation, pregnancy is unlikely. Please consult a doctor if you are still concerned.

Hope this helps.