Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi, I’m on the tri-previfem pack of birth control and

Hi, I’m on the tri-previfem pack of birth control and

Patient: Hi, I’m on the tri-previfem pack of birth control and I accidentally took a sunday pill when I was supposed to take Saturday’s. As soon as I woke up and realized it I took Saturday’s too. I had unprotected sex last night and I’m not sure what I should do since I mixed up my pills?

Doctor: Hello,Welcome to Ask The Doctor.Thanks for the query.There is no need to panic, continue the pill cycle, take th e Monday pill on Sunday and continue the rest of the pills, it is ok if you fall short by one pill. Use a back up till you reach the inactive pills. Also, in case you notice bleeding or spotting, there is nothing to be worried about as it will be due to rescheduling of the pill doses and is expected.Hope this helped.Regards