Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi I’m pregnant 2 month 15 days I’m spotting.

Hi I’m pregnant 2 month 15 days I’m spotting.

Patient: Hi I’m pregnant 2 month 15 days I’m spotting I dont kwo why

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Spotting during pregnancy could be due to many reasons. In early pregnancy, there might b e a fall in the hormone progesterone which maily sustains a pregnancy. In the deficit of the same , it presents as spotting. The other causes are a likely chance of miscarriage, an ectopic pregnancy and even a placental bleeding.This surely needs an evaluation.Kindly consult a gynecologist and get an examination done .An ultrasound may be needed to know the status of the pregnancy.You may need to be started on progesterone supplements.Meanwhile take good rest and avoid exertion .Hope this helped.Regards