Hi, I'm Sam I'm 19 years old I'm not overweight,

Q: Hi, I'm Sam. I'm 19 years old. I'm not overweight, but I smoke. I feel something above my heart. There is no pain, but it is kind of weird. I don't feel shortness in breathing. I don't know is it I'm just imaging or not because when I don't think about I don't feel anything. Its been with me for about 3 month now. I hope it's not somethjng serious. Thank you

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Smoking can cause discomfort in the chest as nicotine increases heart rate and causes palpitations. Please get an ECG to confirm that you have no heart disease.

I think that you have peptic ulcer disease which seems to fit the description. You can treat this with 2 months of antacid therapy. Talk to a Doctor for this. Hope this helps you. All the best.