Hi Iv been feeling light headed and hard time concentrating

Patient

Q: Hi Iv been feeling light headed and hard time concentrating while standing. Have a pain in my left side of neck and middle back making it seem like imma pass out my doctor gave me zoolof but I don't believe its panic attacks what else could cause this I'm going to see a chiropractor to see why I'm unbslance and why I feel enclosed to loud noises and light help me,???

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Read and understood your problems. You have a symptom complex of Neck pain, difficulty in concentrating and light headed. Since your Doctor has given you Zoloft, He/ She must have thought of anxiety as a cause of all the symptoms you have explained. And this is a common occurrence in most of the cases with similar symptoms. This always starts as a muscle spasm and spreads further as you had.

Well, in spite of all these, you may please get clinical evaluation and examination done by another Doctor if you feel so. You may then need an MRI of hte cervical spine and neck to see or rule out the spondilitis part of the disease.

Till then, you can have a strict bed rest and good sleep as they have a direct effect of relaxation of the muscles and alleviating the other symptoms automatically.
Consult a Chiropractor as you have already decided to.

I hope this answer helps you.