Hi, I've been a methamphetamine addict for over a year,

Patient

Q: Hi, I've been a methamphetamine addict for over a year, and I've recently started SNRI treatment for its ramifications. I'm going to see a psychologist next week in the hopes to find some self worth and get back on track.
I've been taking Valium to sleep at night for the past couple of days. The mental health plan suggests axis 2 traits, anxiety/depression and substance abuse. What are the risks of combining these drugs and how successful is treatment in overcoming substance abuse?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

The drugs may have a physiologically opposite reaction but if they are given by your Doctor, it is fine to continue taking them.

The chance of getting over the drug abuse is very high with proper health care. Stick to the health care no matter how tough it gets and do not try your own methods. I hope this helps you. All the best.