Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi, I’ve been experiencing blood clots, Headaches, Nausea

Hi, I’ve been experiencing blood clots, Headaches, Nausea

Patient: Hi, I’ve been experiencing blood clots, Headaches, Nausea and back pain and I think I’m pregnant but I haven’t taken a test yet what would be the verdict?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.If you are away from your due date and still has been experiencing spotting/clots with nausea, headache and lower back pain and if you have been sexually active this fertile period of yours with any contraceptive protection , then there are chances of pregnancy. This can be ruled out with a serum beta hCG test 7 days post last intercourse which checks the hCG levels. If the levels are more than 1 or raised, then pregnancy is confirmed else ruled out completely. If the test is negative then these symptoms shall indicate PMS symptoms which indicate that your menses are to ensue in next few days and then you shall wait for your dates.I hope I have answered your query in detail.Wishing you safe sexual practices.Regards