Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi I’ve been experiencing really bad stomach pains/cramps and diarrhea

Hi I’ve been experiencing really bad stomach pains/cramps and diarrhea

Patient: Hi I’ve been experiencing really bad stomach pains/cramps and diarrhea and some vomiting what could it. Be and how can I stop it or relieve it

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.It looks like you have had an acute episode of food poisoning or an intestinal infectio n leading to diarrhea and vomiting. If you have eaten sandwiches, fried rice or seafood the changes of food poisoning are more. Canned food, processed food and ice-creams can also cause food poisoning. It is recommended that you consult a physician for an examination. Investigations like blood, urine and stools tests would be required to diagnose the condition. You will require a course of antibiotics accordingly. Stop the codeine, drink plenty of water and electrolyte supplements.Hope this helped.Regards