Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi! I’ve been having intense head pain when I bend

Hi! I’ve been having intense head pain when I bend

Patient: Hi! I’ve been having intense head pain when I bend over, as well as when I lay my head at a certain crooked angle on my pillow. Its just this quick, really intense shooting pain. Is this normal? Do I just take Advil and it will go away?

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.Short duration headache aggravating on movement can be due to Si nusitis or Subdural hematoma (SDH).I suppose, you should see your doctor who will evaluate you and will rule out any possibility of SDH. If SDH is suspected, then you would need to get a CT Scan done.Else, for sinusitis, i would advise you to get Xray PNS. I advise in such scenario to do steam inhalation 4-6 times a day and to take anti-allergic like Levocetirizine. In cases, who don’t respond to anti-allergic drugs, Fluticasone Nasal spray helps greatly.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting on it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.