Hi Ive been on birth control off and on

Patient

Q: Hi Ive been on birth control off and on for the past few months and I recently started taking it again about three weeks ago but I missed this past week so its technically only Two weeks I was on it I stopped taking it Tuesday and Sunday night I had sex protected but condom broke I ran to Walgreen's within 15mins and took plan b am I pregnant ?

Doctor

If you have stopped the birth control in the middle of the cycle and have been off it for a week then you don't stand protected against conception at all during this cycle. The condom misadventure can definitely cause pregnancy in case if you wouldn't have taken plan-b. It was a correct decision on your part and not you should expect your withdrawal bleeding within 7-10 days. If the bleeding is delayed then you should get a serum beta HCG test done to rule out pregnancy, probably due to emergency contraceptive failure. Though the chances of failure are less, it's necessary that you stay informed.
I hope I have answered your query in detail,

Wishing you good health.