Ask The Doctor > Pending > Hi I’ve been on effexor for about four years and

Hi I’ve been on effexor for about four years and

Patient: Hi. I’ve been on effexor for about four years and I have to see my doctor every six months to get my prescription filled but when I showed up my insurance plan had been changed and they couldn’t see me. So I haven’t had my prescription for over a week and the withdrawls are horrible. I finally get in to see a doctor today but I seriously don’t ever want to take effexor again is there anything a doctor can prescribe which will get rid of the withdrawal symptoms?.. without taking something that when stopped will cause more withdrawls? Sorry if im confusing. I cant focus or think straight right now. Im desperately trying to find a way to never feel like this again.

Doctor: