Hi! I’ve been on the birth control pill for about four months now.

Patient: Hi! I’ve been on the birth control pill for about four months now, and haven’t been using any additional form of protection during sex. I take my pills like clockwork, and have never missed one. However, last month when I got my period it was much lighter than I was used to even though it was the same length as it always is. In addition to that I’ve had mild mood swings and some cramping that kind of feels like gas. Could I be pregnant, even if I got my period?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.As you used the birth control pills as per the schedule withou t missing the possibility of pregnancy is less.Scanty flow, abdominal cramps, mood swings etc can be seen as side effects of birth control pills.If you want to rule out the possibility of pregnancy, please go for urine pregnancy test once.Take care.