Hi! I've been suffering from chronic knee pain for one

Q: Hi! I've been suffering from chronic knee pain for one month. I have these lumps on my quad tendons as well as the inner/outer knee tendons. When I press on the larger ones on my quad tendons they move as if they are a ball or knee. There is always a lot of snapping and popping in this area when I squat. Associated with this us kneecap burning and stinging. What is wrong? My current doctor is unsure. I've seen him four times thus far. My x-rays of my knees have shown perfectly healthy knees, skeletally speaking.

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. I think you are having intramuscular lipomas. Second possibility is intramuscular neuromas. These are not harmful and nothing to worry about it. However, you can get your MRI of thigh to study them in detail. Snapping and popping is also normal as these are sounds produced by rubbing of ligaments. But there should not be burning and stinging. It may be related to vitamin and trace elements deficiency. You can determine your vitamin D and vitamin B12 levels and if found low it can be supplements by vitamin D3 and Mecobalamin. It can be further investigated by MRI of the knee joint.
Hope your query got answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.