Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi ive been taking laxatives quite often now,and i seemed

Hi ive been taking laxatives quite often now,and i seemed

Patient: Hi ive been taking laxatives quite often now,and i seemed to have missed my period. i did some sexual activity last month but no sex. im worrying and freaking out! am I pregnant or just a late period?

Doctor: Hello dear,Thanks for trusting ATD about your health care.I can understand your concerns.The chances of pregna ncy are not there in your case as you had no sexual intercourse and there is no penetration and deposition of semen inside the vagina.Periods can be delayed due to so many other reasons than pregnancy like stress, anxiety, weight changes, infection, fibroid, birth control pills, pcos.Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more information.Good luck.Regards