Hi I've been trying to get pregnant, I've been off birth control

Patient : Hi I've been trying to get pregnant, I've been off birth control now for 4 months, I'm currently almost 3 weeks late on my period, I've been experiencing some symptoms, headaches, little twinges in my lower abdomen and little cramps, need the toilet a lot frequently and my boobs are larger and slightly sensitive, all the test I have been taking are coming back negative (last one 4 days ago) my gp said he won't do a blood test as they dnt use them to find pregnancy any more, I've also been taking ibuprofen for toothache as been suffering but now stopped can this effect the tests please help thanxs
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Irregularities in menstrual cycles can occur due to many cause s like lifestyle modifications, stress and strain, weight changes etc leading to gonadal hormonal imbalance, thyroid hormonal imbalance, prolactin level changes etc. Though some of your symptoms are suggesting the possibility of pregnancy, as all your pregnancy test kits gave negative results, the possibility of pregnancy is less. Ibuprofen may not affect the menstrual cycles directly but the illness for which tablet has taken may affect the cycle. Better to go for ultrasound once which can help in ruling out the possibility of pregnancy and in finding out the possible cause of your delayed periods, then treatment can be taken accordingly. Take care