September 24, 2018

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi ive fallen off my brothers skate board a few

Hi ive fallen off my brothers skate board a few

Patient: Hi ive fallen off my brothers skate board a few months ago, landing on my right knee and ive noticed my knee swelling hasn’t gone down, it was bruised for about a week and went away. but still remained swollen, it goes down somewhat but manages too come back. at times when i feel it, the skin feels hot to touch and does tend to look a bit darker than the rest of my skin. it doesnt hurt but does when i over do with walking. i moved my fingers around the injured area and it feels like the knee is shifted, or uneven or un-smooth like my other knee. at times it spazzams but thats on rare occasions. any idea what can be wrong?

Symptoms: Knee Swelling

Doctor: Thank you for writing to usI think that you have a soft tissue injury of the leg or the knee. Any soft tissue injury is treated by using RICE treatment.Rest the knee and avoid skating or putting strain on the legIce the knee for 15 mins at a time every hourCompress the knee by using a knee sleeve or crepe bandageElevate the knee by placing it on top of 2 pillowsIf you are not better in 3 days, see a Doctor. All the best.Hope this helps you